> ICND1 (CCENT) Training
ICND1 (CCENT) Training
(8 customer reviews
About This IT Training:
ICND1 640-822 CCENT Training
This five-day course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring switches and routers, connecting to a WAN, and implementing network security.
ICND1 works from the bottom up, providing knowledge and skills as they are needed. The course starts with an introduction to networks. It then introduces host-to-host communications using TCP / IP. Next, Layer 2 devices (switches) are introduced into the network. Next, Layer 3 devices (routers) are introduced into the network. The introduction of Layer 3 devices leads to the use of WANs and routing to connect the site to the Internet and corporate sites. After completing this course, a student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision.
- Comprehensive study materials, including Boson NetSim for CCENT, ExSim-Max for Cisco 640-822 and official Cisco courseware
- Continental breakfast, assorted snacks and beverages
- On-site testing for the CCENT 640-822 certification exam is available upon request
- 24-hour remote lab access
- Access to your own lab rack, including a 2811 series router and a 2960 switch – there’s no need to share
ICND1 640-822 CCENT Training Prerequisites
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic e-mail usage skills
ICND1 640-822 CCENT Training Course Content
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how networks function, identify major network components, and know the function of network components and the OSI reference model.
- Use the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN, and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describe the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used, with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describe the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function and major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT, and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and to manage the router's startup and configuration.
ICND1 640-822 CCENT Training Course Outline
- Module 1 – Building a Simple Network
- Module 2 – Ethernet Local Area Networks
- Module 3 – Wireless Local Area Networks
- Module 4 – Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Module 5 – Wide Area Networks
- Module 6 – Network Environment Management
(8) see all reviews
Really enjoyed the one on one online training.
10/9/2012 11:04:24 AM - Ronald - Tampa, FL US
Very well paced. Really enjoyed the one on one online training. In response to the question "If this course was delivered online, please comment on whether it was as effective as being in a classroom setting:" I enjoyed it more, have attended several classes through Global Knowledge in class and liked the online much better...
John was very personable and accomodating. He answered questions I had in a timely and effective manner. If I needed extra time to complete tasks, he gave it to me without rushing me.
8/31/2012 12:00:00 AM - Josh - Winter Haven, FL US
The online environment was as, if not more effective than a classroom setting. The comfort of being in your own space, and working in an environment where you feel comfortable makes completing tasks easier. Some people get nervous about asking question in a public forum, but the privacy of your own environment can put concerns such as these at rest.John was very knowledgable and personable. This was my first on line experience with training and I was surprised how smoothly everything went.
Highly professional, highly knowledgeable, with plenty of interesting side notes and anecdotes related to the topic.
8/17/2012 12:00:00 AM - Michael - ,
Instructor was very knowledgeable and touched on higher level concerns and topics as they related to the topics we were discussing without overwhelming in the details or making me feel out of my depth.The instructor was highly knowledgeable and provided multiple real-world situations to relate to what we were learning. Very enjoyable.
8/17/2012 12:00:00 AM - Tom - Baltimore, MD US
The class was very helpful and the instructor was great.
8/17/2012 12:00:00 AM - Tommy - ,
Very Knowlegable and experienced teacherGreat Class! would reccomment Cisco and Boson to anyone I know
see all reviews
If you have used this product, you can review it on your account page. You must be logged in to review products.