> Boson NetSim for CCENT 8.0
Boson NetSim for CCENT 8.0
(7 customer reviews
About This Network Simulator:
||ICND1 (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1)
CCENT Network Simulator & Router Simulator
NetSim Network Simulator®
for CCENT 8.0 software includes technologies for the Cisco®
640-822 exam. The 640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1®
) exam is associated with the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT®
) certification and a first step in achieving the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®
Individuals preparing for the CCENT and CCNA exams should consider NetSim for CCNA
, as it contains the NetSim labs for both certifications.Important
Cisco announced the release
of the Cisco 100-101 ICND1 CCENT
certification exam on March 26, 2013. NetSim for CCENT is currently
being updated to include coverage of the new 100-101 ICND1 exam. If you
purchase the current Boson NetSim for CCENT after March 26, 2013 you will
be eligible to upgrade for
to the new NetSim for CCENT when it is
released. NetSim for CCENT is expected to be released this summer.
Customers will be notified upon release.
NetSim Network Simulator for CCENT 8.0 software is the most powerful and versatile Cisco network simulation
product available for IT professionals seeking CCENT certification
. The Boson Router Simulator®
software and Boson Virtual Packet Technology engine set NetSim apart because this technology actually simulates the network traffic of a real network in a simulated network that you can design yourself.
NetSim 8.0 contains a new and improved interface that makes completing labs, compiling new labs and designing network topologies easier than ever before. The network topology, device consoles and lab instructions can share the screen in NetSim 8.0 with easy-to-use panes. NetSim 8.0 also supports multiple monitors.NetSim 8.0 minimum requirements
– NetSim requires one of the following Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP.
Additional ResourcesNetSim 8.0 User Manual
. (Best viewed when using Acrobat viewer.) How to compile a lab using NetSim 8.0
NetSim for CCENT 8.0 Enhancements
- Vastly improved user interface
- External lab document viewer enables the use of multiple monitors
- Telnet mode enables the user to open a separate Telnet session for each device in the simulated topology
See a full list of supported technologies
Boson NetSim 8.0 CCENT Network Simulator Offers:
- Hands-on experience without the hardware
- A Network Designer that supports 42 routers and 6 switches*
- Up to 200 devices per network
- Virtual Packet Technology: software-created packets that are routed and switched through the simulated network
- The ability to populate the WAN slots with a broad range of Network Modules
- A Telnet mode that allows you to configure devices in the simulated topology using the Windows Telnet program
- The functionality of a full rack of equipment on your laptop
- Automatic lab-grading capability
- The ability to load and save your network configurations
- The ability to paste real router configurations into the devices
- The ability to configure your own ISDN and Frame Relay switch mappings
- The benefit of connecting your devices over simulated WANs without expensive ISP gear
- Support for IPv6 addressing
NetSim for CCENT 8.0 Devices
- 42 Routers (Cisco devices)
- 6 Switches* (Cisco devices)
- 5 PCs: TFTP, Traffic generator, AAA Server, VPN Client, workstation
- 48 total Cisco devices
- 54 total devices
*3550 switches can be added to a CCENT or CCNA custom topology. However, the commands needed to configure a 3550 switch are only supported in NetSim for CCNP 8.0.
The NetSim Network Simulator for CCENT 8.0 product contains ICND1/CCENT-specific lab exercises
that cover the skill set you will need to prepare for your ICND1/CCENT exam.
If you are preparing for CCNA certification
, then you should consider the Boson NetSim Network Simulator for CCNA 8.0
, which includes all the CCNA-level labs
Check your special offers
page for additional savings.
(7) see all reviews
Great way to be introduced to routing software
8/24/2012 10:39:55 AM - Christopher - Marlborough, MA US
I was looking at other simulator software, (SemSim and Trogget.O Those were freeware. A friend had suggested that I try this software. I downloaded the demo and was impressed. So I bought it. It was well worth it. The exercises are well defined and behaviour is excellent. I am looking to upgrade this to the next level and start a formal study for Cisco certifications.
Great Way to Learn Cisco IOS
2/27/2012 8:44:46 AM - Matthew - Middleport, NY US
This was a great way to get familiar with Cisco Command Line Interface. Especially for someone who does not have access to the real hardware. I highly recommend it.
1/29/2012 7:03:39 PM - Ronald - Orlando, FL US
Excellent way to learn the Commands for the CNA
1/24/2012 7:56:49 PM - Larry - Tampa, FL US
Before I purchased this NetSim I was very concerned about how I was going to master the various commands that I would need to solve the problems of the CNA test. I went through the whole lab once and it was very rewarding. I am already using the commands at work and it has giving me the confidence level I needed to know where to go between the enabled, exec and priveleged modes. One thing you may want to keep in mind is that if you are used to the short cuts, the are not going to work on the NetSims because they want you to learn the commands. In the real world, you can used shorter 2 and 3 charater shortcuts to completes commands. Execellent simulator. Never crashed and I can use it to experiment as well.
1/19/2012 5:01:01 PM - Ngoc - Falls Church, VA US
The NetSim for CCENT 8.0 really helped me pass my CCENT exam. I knew the exam would have real switch and router simulations, and the simulator really prepared me for the exam. All the labs are easy to follow and straight forward. I couldn't have passed the exam without the help of this simulator.
see all reviews
If you have used this product, you can review it on your account page. You must be logged in to review products.