> Boson NetSim for CCNA 8.0
Boson NetSim for CCNA 8.0
(18 customer reviews
About This Network Simulator:
||640-802, 640-816, 640-822
CCNA Network Simulator & Router Simulator
The 640-802 Cisco®
Certified Network Associate (CCNA®
) composite exam is associated with the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification.
NetSim for CCNA also contains all of the NetSim for CCENT
labs, which makes it a great value for individuals studying for the CCENT
and CCNA certification
The Boson NetSim Network Simulator for CCNA 8.0 is the most powerful and versatile Cisco network simulation software available for IT professionals seeking CCNA certification
. NetSim's Virtual Packet Technology sets it apart because it actually simulates the network traffic of a real network in a simulated network that you can design yourself.
NetSim 8.0 contains a new and improved interface that makes completing labs, compiling new labs and designing network topologies easier than ever before. The network topology, device consoles and lab instructions can share the screen in NetSim 8.0 with easy-to-use panes. NetSim 8.0 also supports multiple monitors. NetSim 8.0 minimum requirements
– NetSim requires one of the following Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP.
Additional ResourcesNetSim 8.0 User Manual
(PDF) How to compile a lab using NetSim 8.0
NetSim for CCNA 8.0 Enhancements
- Vastly improved user interface
- External lab document viewer enables the use of multiple monitors
- Telnet mode enables the user to open a separate Telnet session for each device in the simulated topology
- Improved EIGRP – less processor intensive
See a full list of supported technologies
Boson NetSim for CCNA 8.0 Network Simulator Offers:
- Hands-on experience without the hardware
- A Network Designer that supports 42 routers and 6 switches*
- Up to 200 devices per network
- Virtual Packet Technology: software-created packets that are routed and switched through the simulated network
- The ability to populate the WAN slots with a broad range of Network Modules
- A Telnet mode that allows you to configure devices in the simulated topology using the Windows Telnet program
- The functionality of a full rack of equipment on your laptop
- Automatic lab-grading capability
- The ability to load and save your network configurations
- The ability to paste real router configurations into the devices
- The ability to configure your own ISDN and Frame Relay switch mappings
- The benefit of connecting your devices over simulated WANs without expensive ISP gear
- Support for IPv6 addressing
NetSim for CCNA 8.0 Devices
- 42 Routers (Cisco devices)
- 6 Switches* (Cisco devices)
- 5 PCs: TFTP, Traffic generator, AAA Server, VPN Client, workstation
- 48 total Cisco devices
- 54 total devices
*3550 switches can be added to a CCENT or CCNA custom topology. However, the commands needed to configure a 3550 switch are only supported in NetSim 8.0 for CCNP.
The NetSim Network Simulator for CCNA 8.0 product contains CCNA-specific lab exercises
that cover the skill set you will need to prepare for your CCNA exam.
If you are preparing for CCNP certification
, then you should consider the Boson NetSim for CCNP 8.0
, which includes all the CCNA-level labs
plus CCNP-level labs
and CCNP-level functionality. See our Network Simulator
page for a feature comparison.
(18) see all reviews
5/10/2013 12:07:52 PM - Sean - Austin, TX US
I did take the ICND1 exam on 5/2 passing it with flying colors!
After everything was said and done I'd have to say both the NetSim, and ExamSim were invaluable!
CCNA 8.0 Windows
5/9/2013 10:39:05 PM - jerome - Bolingbrook, IL US
I would like to be able to have the Lab instructions tab on the same side as the standard Lab Packs and Custom Lab Packs are located so that I can have the NetMap open on the right top and the Consoles screen open on the right bottom so that I can have all three screens open while setting up a device.
Support team review
3/21/2013 12:59:37 PM - benny - Gray, GA US
Thank you for your support in walking in me through my user era's.
Brian you are a welcome, calm voice and a pleasure to get help from.
Brian, I see why Boson support team is so highly regarded.
Increcible product - Incredible support
3/20/2013 9:49:30 PM - Ken - Ahwahnee, CA US
I am studying for my ICND2 test and was having problems with another online lab setup.
I started looking around for routers and switches to build my own lab when my teacher suggested the Boson Netsim 8 product.
This software is amazing. Not only can I do just about everything that an actual router or switch can do, it does limit you to CCNA commands, it will save on your electric bill by not having to power up all that actual routers and switches.
The amount of labs covering ICND1 and ICND2 is an incredible, and you even have the ability to create your own. I have found that I am no longer dependent on someone, somewhere setting up lab equipment for me that I can't program.
With the Boson Netsim 8 I can really see how each piece of network gear works and keep my programming skills sharp.
Also many thanks to the people at Boson, especially Brian for all the help. The support they give is outstanding. Always easy to talk to and never rushed.
If you are serious about learning how to work on Cisco routers and switches, I can't recommend this product enough.
Boson NetSim for CCNA 8.0
8/23/2012 6:20:42 AM - Insaf - Mansfield, MA US
Best damn network simulator out there. Better than GSN since you don't have to worry about procuring an IOS and running into licensing issues. You can build a monster lab within minutes and practice anywhere, anytime as long as you have your pc. Invaluable tool to pass the exam and more importantly, for real world experience!
see all reviews
If you have used this product, you can review it on your account page. You must be logged in to review products.