> Boson NetSim for CCNP 9.0
Boson NetSim for CCNP 9.0
(3 customer reviews
About This Network Simulator:
||100-101 ICND1, 200-101 ICND2, 200-120 CCNA, 642-813, 642-832, 642-902
||CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
CCNP Network Simulator, Router
Simulator & Switch Simulator
NetSim for CCNP
designed to help you learn the Cisco IOS command structure, and it
supports the technologies and skills required for the
NetSim 9.0 for CCNP
includes labs for the
technologies. NetSim for CCNP
also contains all
of the NetSim
for CCNA 200-120
labs, which makes it the best value for
studying for the CCNA
Everything you need to create and compile new labs –
from the NetMap topology designer, to the device configuration window,
to the saving and merging of files – are all in one easily navigable
window. Completing NetSim labs and creating your own labs have never
been so easy. NetSim
9 minimum requirements
– NetSim requires one of the
following Operating Systems: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or
NetSim for CCNP 9.0
- Faster lab loading (all labs averaged 70% quicker)
- Simplified lab and file management
- New grading engine
- Displays where commands were missed
- Displays extra commands
- Allows for customizable command highlighting
- Improved usability
- New application shortcuts
- Faster user interface (initial program load is quicker, and internal commands execute faster)
- Helpful Application Tips and Progress Details
- Redesigned and enhanced toolbar
- Consolidated Preferences
- “Don’t remind me” dialogs
- Support in the Network Designer for drag & drop, a list of Recent Devices
- Maximized usage of screen real estate in the Network Designer
- Ability to edit topologies on the fly without losing device configurations
- Redesigned Lab Compiler
- Supports file drag & drop
- Contains a Lab Compiler wizard
- Allows for changing the lab order
- Has a simpler interface for ease of use
See a full list of
and CCNP labs
Boson NetSim for CCNP 9.0 Network Simulator
- Hands-on experience without the
- A Network Designer that supports 42
routers and 6 switches
- Up to 200 devices per
- Virtual Packet Technology:
software-created packets that are routed and switched through the
- The ability to populate the WAN
slots with a broad range of Network Modules
Telnet mode that allows you to configure devices in the simulated
topology using the Windows Telnet program
functionality of a full rack of equipment on your laptop
- Automatic lab-grading capability
ability to load and save your network configurations
- The ability to paste real router configurations into the
- The ability to configure your own ISDN
and Frame Relay switch mappings
- The benefit of
connecting your devices over simulated WANs without expensive ISP gear
- Support for IPv6
NetSim for CCNP 9.0
- 42 Routers (Cisco devices)
- 6 Switches
- PC (workstation, TFTP, AAA Server,
- 48 total
- 49 total
CCNP Labs &
- Configuring Hot Standby Router
- Configuring Virtual Router Redundancy
- Troubleshooting Hot Standby Router
- Configuring Hot Standby Router Protocol
- Configuring Virtual Router Redundancy
- Configuring Multiple Hot Standby
Router Protocol (MHSRP)
- EtherChannel – PAgP and
- EtherChannel – Layer 2 and Layer
See a complete list of the NetSim CCNP-level labs
ResourcesNetSim 9 User Manual
compile a lab using NetSim 9.0
(3) see all reviews
Great improvements - Happy
9/6/2013 3:37:19 PM - Paul - Santa Fe, NM US
I have used both 8 and 9 of this software and am impressed with the new features and load speeds of the successor. Boson has done a fine at making their software even better. The labs are very well thought of and the language and understanding is clear and important when learning and understanding a new topic.
become a cisco ninja
7/30/2013 10:49:56 AM - Ken - Ahwahnee, CA US
All I can say is way too cool.
I have been working with NetSim 9 for several weeks now, and I have to say that this is still the best investment you can make if you're really serious about learning how to work on Cisco devices.
The new layout is clean with everything just a click away. And the amount of labs is still staggering.
One of the things I also noticed was the speed in which the labs loaded was much quicker than NetSim 8.
They have done some major enhancements on the lab grader. With just a click you can grade your lab and see how well you did. The lab results box will tell you if you passed or missed one or more commands in the lab. It will also give you tabs for each device in the lab and tell you
what commands were both missing and what commands were extra,(an important thing to know when you're taking a timed Cisco test).
This is still the best way for me to learn how to work on Cisco equipment. Want to take off on your own tangent, no problem. You can use one of the already created topologies or create your own.
I do both. Create your own with the Network Designer tab and find out just exactly where you need work as you begin connecting and programming routers, switches, PC's TFTP servers and more.
I do recommend getting the full blown version for CCNP if you can. Even if you're just going for your CCNA. You'll get a more complete command set and also have the ability to work on layer 3 switches.
Those were the pros.
The only cons I have are some of the features that were removed.
The ability to hide tabs in a lab. Sometimes there are a lot of them and it helped cut down on my confusion.
Also the highlight feature went away. I used it, in fact, I was hoping they would increase the number of colors.
But these are small things when compared with what this software can do.
Teach you how to work on Cisco devices. Show you what you know as well as teach you what don't.
As a side benefit it will also save you some serious cash when compared with putting together your own lab.
And although it doesn't have every command a real Cisco device has, what it does have is an incredible bang for your buck.
Save on building a lab and your electric bill, heck save the planet.
The school I went told me they'd make me a Cisco ninja. I'm still working on that.
With NetSim 9 lets all become Cisco ninja's
7/29/2013 5:57:38 PM - Xianfeng - Westmead, AU
I like it
see all reviews
If you have used this product, you can review it on your account page. You must be logged in to review products.