Error Message: "Could not register BosonNetsimInterop.dll"
- This error means that NetSim has detected that the file BosonNetsimInterop.dll is not registered and NetSim was unable to register the file itself. Normally, this file is registered automatically at install time or when NetSim is first run on your system.
To resolve the issue, try right-clicking the NetSim shortcut and running the program "As Administrator".
If the above did not resolve the issue, the following steps should resolve the issue described:
If the issue persists, please submit a support ticket with as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.
- Make sure that you have the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or higher. (This can be verified in the Windows Add or Remove Programs.)
- Shut down any Boson applications and/or error windows.
- Download our Registry Assembly Tool.
- Run the tool (right-click and select Run as Administrator). Then select the .NET version 2.0 from the drop-down list.
- In the field labeled Interop Assembly, browse for the following file: C:\Program Files\Boson Software\Boson NetSim for CCN_ 7.0\bosonnetsiminterop.dll
(Please note that if the errors are for any other dlls, you should follow the above step and browse for the file(s) that is mentioned in the error(s) for each file.)
- Click the Unregister Interop Assembly button, and then click the Register Interop Assembly button.
- Right-click the shortcut to start NetSim, and click Run as Administrator.