Error Message: "File Permission Error: We were not able to automatically correct the problem."
This error indicates that the application cannot read or write to the folders that contain your exam data and user data. Please follow the instructions below:
These instructions are for Windows Vista. If you are using another operating system, the first few steps may vary slightly.
Please submit a support ticket if this topic does not resolve the problem you are experiencing.
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\ (If you do not see the ProgramData folder, make sure that you have the folder options to show hidden folders.)
- Right click on the Boson folder.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Security Tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Edit.
- Provide an Admin Login (if necessary).
- Click Add.
- Make sure the From this location is referring to your local PC (not to a Domain if you are joined to one).
- Type everyone into the Enter the object name to select section.
- Click the Check Names button. (It should change to Everyone and be underlined).
- Click OK.
- Make sure Apply to is set to This Folder subfolders and files.
- Check the Full Control check box. (The rest of the boxes should automatically fill up as checked for you.)
- Make sure the Apply these permissions to objects check box is NOT checked.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the two remaining dialogs.