Error message: Access to the path C:-ProgramData-Boson-Content-Full-CIS-ES-XX-XXXX -XX-XXXXXXX.XXX is denied
This error indicates that the application cannot read or write to the folders that contain your exam data and user data. Please follow the instructions below:
These instructions are for Windows Vista. If you are using another operating system, the first few steps may vary slightly.
Please submit a support ticket if this topic does not resolve the problem you are experiencing.
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\ (If you do not see the ProgramData folder, make sure that you have the folder options to show hidden folders).
- Right click on the Boson folder.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Security Tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Edit.
- Provide an Admin Login (if necessary).
- Click Add.
- Make sure the From this location is referring to your local PC (not to a Domain if you are joined to one).
- Type everyone into the Enter the object name to select section.
- Click the Check Names button. (It should change to Everyone and be underlined).
- Click OK.
- Make sure Apply to is set to This Folder subfolders and files.
- Check the Full Control check box. (The rest of the boxes should automatically fill up as checked for you.)
- Make sure the Apply these permissions to objects check box is NOT checked.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the two remaining dialogs.