Error message: Access to the path C:-ProgramData-Boson-Content-Full-CIS-ES-XX-XXXX -XX-XXXXXXX.XXX is denied
This error indicates that the application cannot read or write to the folders that contain your exam data and user data. Please follow the instructions below:
These instructions may be slightly different for Windows 7.
Please submit a support ticket if this topic does not resolve the problem you are experiencing.
- Navigate to the folder: C:\ProgramData\ (If you do not see the ProgramData folder, make sure that you have the folder options to show "hidden folders")
- Right click on the Boson folder.
- Click Properties
- Click the Security Tab
- Click Advanced
- Click Edit
- Provide an Admin Login (if necessary)
- Click Add
- Make sure the "From this location" is referring to your local PC. (not a Domain if you are joined to one)
- Type "everyone" into the "Enter the object name to select" section
- Click the Check Names button. (It should change to "Everyone" and be underlined)
- Click OK
- Make sure "Apply to" is set to "This Folder subfolders and files"
- Check the Full Control check box. (The rest of the boxes should automatically fill up as checked for you)
- Make sure the "Apply these permissions to objects..." checkbox is NOT checked
- Click OK
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes
- Click OK to close the 2 remaining dialogs