What are the most common causes of an activation problem?
- If you experience a problem while activating an exam, you can try the following solutions to resolve it.
Please submit a support ticket if you are having activation problems and provide as much information as you can so that we can assist you quickly.
- Verify that you have entered your user name and password correctly. Passwords are case-sensitive, so you should ensure that Caps Lock is not enabled when you enter your user name and password.
- Verify that you have entered the Activation Key correctly and that you are using the correct key for the correct product. You can copy and paste your Activation Key from the purchase receipt you received or by accessing your account on the Boson website and selecting the Purchase History tab. Activation Keys are version and product specific. Therefore, you will only be able to use the key to activate one product. For example, a key for the Boson ExSim-Max for CCNA 640-802 practice exam will not activate a Cisco Press for CCNA ExSim practice exam, because they are created by different vendors.
- Try temporarily disabling your User Account Control (UAC), firewall, and anti-virus applications. Occasionally, security software can cause an activation or installation problem. If the Boson Exam Environment (BEE) is still not able to access our activation server, you may need to consult your IT administrator and verify that your computer is not accessing the Internet via a proxy server.
- If your computer is running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, you might need to run the software as an administrator. You can accomplish this by right-clicking the icon you are using to launch the software and selecting Run as Administrator.
- If your computer is not able to access the Internet, you will not be able to activate an exam that is delivered through the BEE.