How do I enable Telnet in Windows 7 and Windows Vista?
Telnet is disabled by default on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. To enable Telnet for these operating systems, you should perform the following steps.
- Click Control Panel on the Start menu.
- In Control Panel, click Programs, which is displayed just above Uninstall a program.
- On the Programs Panel, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- On the Windows Features dialog box, select Telnet Client and then click OK.
- If you receive a Windows Security Alert, ensure that Private networks, such as my home or work network is selected and click Allow Access.